Tuesday, February 20, 2007

THE HARD DRIVEN MILE,

My commute to work is under 1 mile each way. But every morning when I start out I "catch the light". The redlight with no purpose. The redlight that keeps me waiting 5 minutes. Its 4AM , not a soul in sight. I'm now late for work.

I back up and then go forward, flash my brights- try to trigger that 'redlight'- nothing seems to work. By this time, Im frustrated and impatient. I get tempted to run it.

I called my father yesterday, and asked him how many miles does he drive. He told me he drove 135,000K miles last year covering most of the 48 and probably going to do a little more this year.

Today, when I drove that mile to work, I caught that redlight again, but this time it gave me a purpose to stand still. To sit there and think about my father, who logged in over 135Thousand MILES last year. I didnt want that light to turn green. ~

4 comments:

Carol K said...

Great blog Scott! Awesome perspective...made me think! I love the respect you have for your dad! You're a great writer:)

Anonymous said...

Caroline, thank you- but the real deal here is My Father. I talked to him today and he told me, he logged in about half million MILES since he's been driving. Which during our conversations, I never heard 1 negative thing from him about trucking! To put it in perspective- He's basically driven to the Moon and back.

He started with nothing, and no one. He just went out and got it DONE! Just another fine example of believing in yourself, and GOD watching over.

His truck goes in sometime next month for the MILLION MILE mark for inspections.

1 million miles- how can you not RESPECT that!

Also- thank you, for all you do! Jeff and you are truly, "GREAT PEOPLE!"

Carol K said...

Scott...That is amazing...1 million miles! That's something to shout about if you ask me:) Your dad seems to be an amazing guy doing amazing things!

You're right...Believeing that you can do something and God's hand on you...WOW! Awesome stuff!

Brother, you too, are great people!

Carol K said...

Scott...That is amazing...1 million miles! That's something to shout about if you ask me:) Your dad seems to be an amazing guy doing amazing things!

You're right...Believeing that you can do something and God's hand on you...WOW! Awesome stuff!

Brother, you too, are great people!