Saturday, February 17, 2007

Baseball, Apple Pie and "TRUCKERS"...

The 3 key ingredents to the Red, White and Blue. The structure that keeps AMERICA rolling. I dedicate this to my father, who drives 18 out of SaltLake, 365 a year.

You have got to appreciate the workforce behind the big rig. The strength it takes to keep it rolling all year round! Now with modern technology, I can virtually jump on board and share his journeys throughout America everyday- and JOURNEYS they are!

Salt Lake City one day, a fly by through Johnson County the next, 3 days later some small town in Virginia.... that takes me 15 minutes to find on my google map. Its the Ultimate road trip, ......... the one that never ends.

After keeping track of his miles for 3 week on the virtual maps, I told him I needed a little break from the computer. I was drained. He laughed at me and said, "Son, call me when you get back."

This is my Father, the one that makes every mile count, and looks forward to the next. It doesnt matter what time it is, all I want to say, " I'm proud of you, man !" Keep them 18 rollin <>

2 comments:

Carol K said...

Awesome, Scott! I appreciate everything you've said! I love your perspective on this...Great tribute to your dad and to truckers! Hmmm, I feel a song coming on...hehe!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.